As we monitor the spread of COVID-19 across the United States, we want to keep you informed about what we are doing to prevent the spread in our daily course of business and interactions with our local community, as well as how we can help protect against COVID-19.
Safety precautions we take at WITT:
- In addition to our regular services we receive from a professional cleaning crew, the WITT team frequently wipes down and/or sprays "high-touched" areas and equipment with disinfectant, from our office to our service vehicles.
- All team members have hand sanitizer and disinfectant and are using them routinely.
- Team meetings have been suspended as well as select office staff transitioned to working from home.
- We have suspended customer signature capture but have instructed technicians to capture the full name of the person checked in or out with (for accounts and services where signatures are required).
- We are encouraging our team and clients, including their children, experiencing any symptoms affiliated with these illnesses to stay at home and seek medical attention.
- For residential customers, generally, our services can be done on the exterior of homes so we can still keep you pest free. For commercial customers, we are also able to provide a more detailed exterior service as well as a more comprehensive interior service in businesses that have reduced or temporarily halted operation.
Pest Control has been designated as an Essential Service both nationally and in the state of Pennsylvania as a vital component in the protection of public health, property, and food supply chains.
On a federal level, our business of pest and termite control, which is identified as “Exterminators”, is categorized as “Essential Businesses” as outlined in the Department of Homeland Security CISA document dated March 19, 2020, page 9 under “Public Works”, item 3.
In Pennsylvania, "Pest Control Services" is classified as a 'Life-Sustaining Service" under the Services to Buildings and Dwellings within the list of business types that may continue physical operations, dated March 21, 2020, in relation to the Governor's Executive Order mandating closures for COVID-19 mitigation. Additionally, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture which regulates the structural pest management industry has listed pest management as essential.
Please know that as protectors of public health, food, and property, we take our role in safeguarding your quality of life very seriously. Pest control professionals are responsible for protecting against rodents, insects, arachnids, and other animals that can damage property and threaten people’s health through the spread of disease and bacteria, in addition to inflicting painful bites and stings. Our critical services extend into people’s homes and businesses, as well as major commercial operations such as healthcare facilities, food processing facilities, and more.
Witt Pest Management remains open to serve our community. We have plans in place to help prevent any disruption of service to the greatest extent possible. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you up to date as circumstances evolve. We strongly encourage everyone to follow the advice set forth by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our government leaders.
As an organization, we are taking additional measures to ensure we provide the best level of protection for both our customers and our employees. Any changes to operations will be made in accordance with guidelines from the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Allegheny County Health Department as well as surrounding county Departments of Health.
We hope you and your families are safe and in good health during these challenging times. We appreciate your continued trust and confidence in WITT. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 412-681-1900 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Witt Pest Management