6 Tips For A Pest Free New Year
Have you thought about your New Year’s Resolutions for 2014? Many people choose to make changes to their immediate lifestyle; committing to losing weight, going to the gym more often, or resolving to follow a healthier lifestyle in general. At Witt Pest Management, we would like to make a suggestion for your 2014 New Year’s Resolution: resolve to keep your home pest-free in the New Year! Here are 6 helpful tips for keeping your home and property free from damaging and nuisance pests in the New Year:
- Locate all possible pest entry areas and close them up; use weather stripping around doors and windows and caulking to close up other gaps or holes in the exterior that may allow pests like house flies into your home.
- Eliminate crumbs and spills in your kitchen and pantry. These can attract hungry cockroaches and house mice looking for a meal.
- Pick up the clutter. Excess piles of clutter can provide unnecessary harborage for common house spiders, rodents, and other pests. Removing clutter can reduce areas of shelter for these pests.
- Cut back tree branches and shrubs from the exterior of your home. These may act as a bridge for pests to get into your home. Also, make sure piles of wood and debris are stored a distance from your home to prevent attracting pests like insects and rodents.
- Keep your home dusted, swept, and vacuumed regularly. This can eliminate spider webs, spider egg sacs, and carpet beetles that may be present inside your home.
- Contact the professionals at Witt for year-round pest control services. Our services provide a thorough inspection of your home’s structures to evaluate your pest management needs and provide effective and targeted treatments to eliminate current pest infestations and prevent them from occurring in the future.
By following these tips, your home will enjoy far fewer pest problems in 2014, allowing you to focus on the most important parts of your life! When your pest control is taken care of, you are free to enjoy a home that is clean without worry of disease spreading and structure damaging insects, rodents, and wildlife. If you are looking for effective and environmentally responsible year-round pest control, Pittsburgh natives recommend Witt Pest Management’s TopCare® program. Call today for more information!